Saturday 19 September 2009

I had a very bad night last night. I had a scary horror dream in the middle of the night and I was so frightened that I had to make myself to wake up from the dream so that it can be stopped. But after I woke up I couldn't go back to sleep again, no matter how hard I tried. And somehow my neck hurt so much and that made me even worse. I ended up having to get up and took some painkillers and a sleeping pill. And that was 5:30am.

Piano lesson in the morning.

Then went back home to clean the house because two of my best friends are coming for a home visit. There were so many things to do; cleaned away the dust in the living room and all surfaces, tidied all the messy stuff in the whole house, threw away the out-of-date food, not to mention the vacuum cleaning and mopping of the house, cleaning the toilet and bath tub.....

My head still hurt from time to time.

Went to Page One the bookstore in Festival Walk to look for France/Paris travelling books. I looked at the Chinese versions but they were all hard to understand especially when they were trying to describe things in a French/English-speaking country. I then looked at the English ones. Most of the books were wrapped by plastic so you cannot actually see the contents. The ones without plastic wrapping were all very boring with boring pictures. So somehow I ended up buying these:

Picture were taken using Richo GR II

These 2 books were wrapped in plastic bags which I cannot open and take a peek. But I was very lucky that they were what I want

Friday 18 September 2009

I took the whole morning and almost the whole afternoon off from work to take a rest. Went to work at around 16:00-18:30. Once I was in the lab there were so MANY little things to handle . There were still things that I haven't been able to organise and plan, but I think I can do them when I am back to work full time next week.

My head still hurt a bit, and very tired.

Thursday 17 September 2009

It was the 4th day that I have this headache. It got worse. The pain had "moved" from the back of my head to my forehead, which made me fell very sick. And since it was the 4th day and that I have taken everything I could possibly take to kill the pain, I leave work early today and went to see my doctor. As suggested by my doctor I had my temperature taken and was found that I was at 37.5oC, so I had a fever?! It didn't make sense because I used to get muscle pain and/or sore throat and/or bad running nose. But all of these never happened in the four days.

On my way back home my head hurt so much that I wanted to THROW UP

Took all the medication, had a little nap, and luckily the pain almost went away in the evening. But I am tired.

Wednesday 16 September 2009

GREAT NEWS. The headache never seemed to want to leave me alone!! I had to sleep in for a bit more to recover. And went to work at about 11:45am. I also leave work earlier, I was not as busy as the last few weeks (luckily) so it was alright for me to go home early.

Tuesday 15 September 2009

Last night was a nightmare. My head hurt so much while I was sleeping, the wind was crazy, and I couldn't sleep well during the whole night. I had to get up in the middle of the night and took some painkiller and had a whole sleeping pill so that I can knock myself out. Luckily the Typhoon number 8 lasted till 10 something in the morning, so I was able to sleep in a but more.

Monday 14 September 2009

Slept with a headache. So annoyed. I was hoping it would stop when I woke up in the morning but it didn't. I didn't want to go to work today, I was very sleepy, and my head hurted, well just a bit. But I really didn't want to go to work because I did not sleep well last night.

At the end I still went to work. The headache got so much better during the day, and I was happy.

There were so much to organise at work. One minute I was teaching a new student to do things, another minute I was discussing with my supervisor about experiments, another minute later I was buried in piles of scientific papers.

I don't know why but my head started to hurt again at late afternoon. It got really worse at dinner time. It made me feel like throwing up.

I'm tired.

Typhoon number 8 at around 4-5pm. We finished work early.

Sunday 13 September 2009

Solitary walk to Ngau Tau Kok (Y). It was a VERY HOT, highly polluted day, because a typhoon was expected to come to Hong Kong today. I was lucky to be able to take some pictures just before the storm came.

All pictures were taken using Canon 5D, 16-35mm f2.8